The following are key concepts that you should be familiar with after reading and studying Chapter 1: An Introduction to Geology. To evaluate your understanding of any of the key concepts, select the corresponding Concept Quiz from the Selection Bar and answer the questions provided.
- What is geology?
- History of geology: Catastrophism v. uniformitarianism, and understanding geological time.
- The scientific method and geology.
- The Earth system and Earth-system science.
- Development and evolution of the solar system and the Earth.
- The face and interior of the Earth.
- Basics of rocks and the rock cycle.
by Prentice Hall, Inc.
A Pearson Company Legal Notice