After completing this chapter, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate how Porter’s competitive forces model helps companies develop competitive strategies using information systems.
- Demonstrate how the value chain and value web models help businesses identify opportunities for strategic information systems applications.
- Assess how information systems help businesses use synergies, core competencies, and network-based strategies to achieve competitive advantage.
- Assess how competing on a global scale and promoting quality enhance competitive advantage.
- Evaluate the role of business process reengineering (BPR) in enhancing competitiveness.
This activity contains 35 questions.