- Define "gender typing."
- Describe the role of the media in spreading gender stereotypes.
- Explain the conditions under which stereotypes are most likely to influence
perceptions of others, and indicate some effects that stereotypes can
have on evaluations.
- Define "gender identity" and describe some of the milestones in its
- Describe classic and modern conceptualizations of masculinity,
femininity, and androgyny, and indicate consequences of these
personal beliefs about the self for physical and mental health.
- Describe four theoretical perspectives on the causes of sex
- Describe "meta-analysis" and explain what using this technique
has uncovered about gender differences in behavior.
- Describe how gender roles have changed over time and what
differences still exist in our society.