- Describe the social needs satisfied by interpersonal relationships, and
compare and contrast child and adult attachment.
- Describe the types of loneliness that can be experienced when social
needs are not met.
- Explain the effects of proximity, familiarity, similarity (of both
attitudes and looks), and physical attractiveness on interpersonal
- Describe the personal characteristics that are generally viewed as
the most attractive.
- Compare and contrast evolutionary and sociocultural explanations
for sex differences in the characteristics used in mate selection.
- Compare and contrast the role of love in mate selection in
individualistic and collectivist cultures.
- Compare and contrast passionate and companionate love, and
indicate how these relate to Sternbergs triangular theory of love.