- Define and contrast the concepts of conformity, compliance, and obedience.
- Compare and contrast the classic conformity studies of Sherif and Asch.
- Describe factors that make people more likely to conform to a group.
- Explain the ways in which a minority of opinion can sometimes change
the position of the majority of a group.
- Describe and give examples of Ravens six bases of social power.
- Describe compliance techniques, including the foot-in-the-door,
door-in-the-face, low-ball, "thats-not-all," and the pique technique.
- Explain how reactance can sometimes limit compliance.
- Describe Milgrams obedience study, and indicate the factors that increased
or reduced obedience using this paradigm.