“Awareness, Creativity, and Communication” attempts to explain the role of art as a means to improve understanding. Art is viewed as not just a product but also a process.
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Define and discuss the importance of visualization.
- Understand how perception affects our response to the visual arts.
- Recognize the differences between representational, abstract, and nonrepresentational art.
- Discuss the fundamental need for creativity.
- Discuss the role of beauty in the visual arts.
- Define and discuss the use of iconography in art.
- Discuss art as a means of nonverbal communication.