Are Sentences Free of Fragments?
Fragment sentences are one of the most frustrating conditions of writing. For readers, they can inhibit understanding, and for writers they can prevent effective communication. A writer must place careful attention to fixing any sentence fragments before completing the writing process.
By the end of this chapter you will be able to:
- Understand the components of a complete sentence
- Learn what a fragment sentence is
- Learn why they hinder the writing process
- Learn ways to correct sentence fragments
- Understand the conditions in which fragments are acceptable