The American Journey
David Goldfield, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Carl Abbott, Portland State University
Virginia Anderson, University of Colorado at Boulder
Jo Ann Argersinger, Southern Illinois University
Peter Argersinger, Southern Illinois University
William Barney, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Welcome to the online study guide to accompany The American Journey, Third Edition.
Features of this site include:
Visit this site when you want to gain a richer perspective and a deeper understanding of the concepts and issues discussed in The American Journey, Third Edition.
- chapter learning objectives that help students organize key concepts.
- online quizzes which include instant scoring and coaching.
- writing activities that foster critical thinking.
- essay questions based on primary source documents that test students' critical thinking skills.
- dynamic web links that provide a valuable source of supplemental information.
- communication tools such as chat rooms and message boards to facilitate online collaboration and communication.
- built-in routing that gives students the ability to forward essay responses and graded quizzes to their instructors.
- an extensive faculty module that includes PowerPoint TM slides, maps in color and in black and white, graphics, and lecture hints and activities.
Special thanks to our web author:
Truckee Meadows Community College
You will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader to view parts of this site. Click the image below to download ...
You will also need Macromedia's Shockwave Player to view parts of this site. Click the image below to download ...