After studying Chapter 9, your students should be able to:
- Define internal and employee communication as a part of the public relations function, using the basic elements of the definition of public relations.
- Argue convincingly for the importance of the internal relations function.
- Discuss the impact of organizational culture on internal communication.
- Explain the differences between participative and authoritarian organizational cultures, and how each affects internal communication.
- Explain the major goals of employee communication.
- Discuss some of the major challenges intrinsic to internal; relations.
- Describe many media used for communicating with internal publics.
- Outline basic guidelines for building good internal relations and working with various internal publics.