Prentice Hall Companion Website
Asking the Right Questions: A Guide to Critical Thinking, Eighth Edition
M. Neil Browne
Stuart M. Keeley
Welcome to the Prentice Hall Companion Website designed to accompany Asking the Right Questions, Eighth Edition.
To enter this site, select a chapter from the menu above.
Features of this site include:
Visit this site when you want to gain a richer perspective and a deeper understanding of the concepts and issues discussed in Asking the Right Questions.
- Short passages of reasoning related to contemporary social controversies, which give students added opportunity to actively practice their critical thinking skills.
- Immediate feedback to the practice exercises, which permits students to compare their critical thinking responses to exemplary critical thinking responses.
- Short self-grading objective quizzes for each chapter.
- An “Authors Answer Commonly Asked Student Questions” section for each chapter, which gives students an opportunity to see how the authors have responded to other students who have raised questions stimulated by their reading of Asking the Right Questions in their classrooms.
- Student opportunity to apply the entire set of critical thinking questions as a coherent whole to a lengthy essay arguing a position on a contemporary social issue and to compare their responses to “correct” critical thinking analyses of the essay.
- A section presenting sample lengthy “good arguments” that pass the test of critical thinking scrutiny.