Introductory Chemistry and Introductory Chemistry Essentials
Nivaldo J. Tro, Westmont College
Companion Website Contributing Authors:
C. Michael McCallum, University of the Pacific
Roy Kennedy, Massachusetts Bay Community College
Donna G. Friedman, St. Louis Community College at Florissant Valley
Jeffery A. Schneider, SUNY-Oswego
Danny R. Bedgood Jr., Charles Sturt University, School of Science and Technology
Welcome to the Companion Website for Introductory Chemistry and Introductory Chemistry Essentials by Nivaldo J. Tro. Built to complement the texts as part of an integrated course package, this site is organized by chapter, creating a useful supplemental aid to your chemistry course.
To enter the site, select the chapter you want to visit from the Jump to chapter menu above.
To fully utilize this site, insert the Accelerator CD that was packaged with your textbook into your CD drive as you navigate this site. By using both simultaneously, many of the media objects on this site will load much more quickly.
- Student Tutorials - A gallery of animated files that demonstrate the concepts within that chapter.
- Live Examples - A collection of interactive files, created from Examples in the text that use the Solution Map problem-solving strategy.
- Molecule Gallery - A vast selection of 3D molecular models that students can manipulate to view various perspectives.
- Self-Quiz 1 and 2 - Multiple-choice practice quizzes, featuring hints and instant feedback.
- True/False True/false practice quizzes, featuring hints and instant feedback.
- Math Tutorial - A math tutorial covering all relevant math skills needed to succeed in an introductory chemistry course.
- Web Destinations - A library of interesting, relevant, chemistry-related web links.
- Reference Center - A useful reference center consisting of an interactive periodic table and a conversion table.
If this is your first time on this site, or if you have switched computers, you will probably want to run the Browser Tuneup by clicking the button below. If you have a Macintosh, only Netscape 4.x browsers are supported. For Windows, this site is not compatible with Netscape 4.7.
Instructor’s Resource Media Portfolio