Light, Astronomical Observations, and...
After reading, studying, and discussing Chapter 22, you should be able to:
- Describe electromagnetic radiation and the two models used to explain its properties.
- List and describe the three types of light spectra.
- Explain how light (electromagnetic radiation) can be used to investigate the properties of a star.
- Describe the two types of optical telescopes and list their component parts.
- List and describe the three properties of optical telescopes that aid astronomers in their work.
- Describe radio telescopes and list some of their advantages over optical telescopes.
- List and describe the four parts of the Sun.
- Describe several features found on the active Sun.
- Describe the source of the Sun's energy.