The following are key concepts that you should be familiar with after reading and studying Chapter 10: Crustal Deformation. To evaluate your understanding of any of the key concepts, select the corresponding Concept Quiz from the Selection Bar and answer the questions provided.
- Structural Geology The study of Earths geometry and its evolution.
- Deformation: Force, stress and strain, and factors affecting how rocks deform.
- Mapping geologic structures.
- Folds bends in rocks.
- Faults movement of rocks past each other.
- Joints near-surface cleavage in rocks.