The following are key concepts that you should be familiar with after reading and studying Chapter 6: Weathering and Soil. To evaluate your understanding of any of the key concepts, select the corresponding Concept Quiz from the Selection Bar and answer the questions provided.
- "Weathering" and Earth's external and internal processes.
- Processes of mechanical weathering.
- Processes of chemical weathering.
- Controls on rates of weathering processes.
- Soil and soil-forming processes.
- The "soil profile" (pictured at top right) and soil taxonomy.
- Soil erosion and controls on rates.