Chemistry, Fourth Edition
John McMurry, Cornell University
Robert C. Fay, Cornell University
Companion Website Contributing Authors:
Jeffrey Appling, Clemson University
Cheryl Baldwin Frech, University of Central Oklahoma
Welcome to the Companion Website for Chemistry, Fourth Edition. Built to complement the text as part of an integrated course package, this site is a useful supplemental aid to your chemistry course.
By using both the Accelerator CD that was packaged with your textbook and the Companion Website simultaneously, many of the media objects on the site will load much more quickly.
To enter the site, click on the "Jump to" chapter menu above.
- Activities - A gallery of animated files that demonstrate the concepts within that chapter.
- Molecule Gallery - A vast selection of 3D molecular models that you can manipulate to view various perspectives.
- Problem Solving Center - Understanding Key Concepts, Self Quizzes, and MCAT questions, some with hints, and all with instant feedback.
- Web Destinations - A library of interesting, relevant, chemistry-related web links.
- Math Tutorial - A math tutorial covering all relevant math skills needed to succeed in a general chemistry course.
- Reference Center - A useful reference center consisting of an interactive tools for your course.
- Interactive Student Tutorials - Section by section overview of the key ideas in each chapter of your 4th Edition textbook, including movies, activities, and 3D molecules to reinforce your understanding along the way. Use the navigation menu to go from section to section, or click on any concept in the Concept Summary on the opening page of this module to go to that topic. These interactive sections also include pop-up glossary terms and self-check questions with instant feedback. This module is password-protected, but you can get a free look at it in Chapter 3. These passwords can be obtained for a nominal fee; have your instructor contact your Prentice Hall Sales Rep for information on purchasing these passwords.
If this is your first time on this site, or if you have switched computers, you will probably want to run the "Browser Tuneup" below. This site includes QuickTime, Flash, Shockwave, Java, and Chime elements, so those are the programs to check for. If you have a Macintosh, only Netscape 4.x browsers are supported. The Interactive Student Tutorial will not function with Netscape 4.79. For Windows, this site is not compatible with Netscape 4.7. Chime is not compatible with Netscape 6.2.X.