Clouds and Precipitation
After reading, studying, and discussing Chapter 12, you should be able to:
- List the processes that cause water to change from one of state of matter to another.
- Explain saturation, vapor pressure, specific humidity, relative humidity, and dew point.
- Describe how relative humidity is determined.
- Explain the basic cloud-forming process.
- List the processes that initiate the vertical movement of air.
- Describe stable and unstable air.
- Discuss the conditions necessary for condensation.
- List the criteria used to classify clouds.
- Describe the formation of fog.
- Discuss the formation and forms of precipitation.