Heating the Atmosphere
After reading, studying, and discussing Chapter 11, you should be able to:
- Describe the science of meteorology.
- Explain the difference between weather and climate.
- List the most important elements of weather and climate.
- List the major components of clean, dry air.
- Describe the extent and structure of the atmosphere.
- Describe how the atmosphere is heated.
- List the factors that cause temperature to vary from place to place.
- Explain the causes of the seasons.
- Describe the general distribution of global surface temperatures.