Restless Earth: Earthquakes, Geologic...
After reading, studying, and discussing Chapter 6, you should be able to:
- Describe the cause of earthquakes.
- List the types of seismic waves and describe their propagation.
- Describe how an earthquake epicenter is located.
- Describe the worldwide distribution of earthquake epicenters.
- Explain how the magnitude of an earthquake is determined.
- List the other destructive forces that can be triggered by an earthquake.
- Discuss the status of earthquake prediction.
- Describe Earth's interior structure and composition.
- List and describe the basic types of geologic structures.
- Discuss the formation of Earth's major mountain systems.