Plate Tectonics: A Unifying Theory
After reading, studying, and discussing Chapter 5, you should be able to:
- List the evidence that was used to support the continental drift hypothesis.
- Describe the theory of plate tectonics.
- Explain the differences between the continental drift hypothesis and the theory of plate tectonics.
- List and describe the evidence used to support the plate tectonics theory.
- Explain the difference between divergent, convergent, and transform plate boundaries.
- Describe the models that have been proposed to explain the driving mechanism for plate motion.