Glacial and Arid Landscapes
After reading, studying, and discussing Chapter 4, you should be able to:
- Describe the types and locations of glaciers.
- Discuss glacial movement.
- List the types of glacial drift.
- Describe the features produced by glacial erosion and deposition.
- Define the Ice Age and the Pleistocene epoch.
- Describe the climatic conditions that produce arid and semiarid regions.
- Describe the geologic evolution of the Basin and Range region.
- List the types of wind deposits and describe the features of wind deposition.