Chromosome Structure and DNA Sequence...
This list describes the topics presented in your textbook and that you'll explore in this section of the web site. Your first step might be to take the self-grading review quiz to test your knowledge but many other resources are also available to help you master the concepts. To begin, select from the menu of chapter resources to the left.
- Viral and bacterial chromosomes are relatively simple DNA molecules
- Supercoiling is common in the DNA of viral and bacterial chromosomes
- Specialized chromosomes reveal variations in structure
- DNA is organized into chromatin in eukaryotes
- Chromosome banding differentiates regions along the mitotic chromosome
- Eukaryotic genomes demonstrate complex sequence organization characterized by repetitive DNA
- The vast majority of a eukaryotic genome does not encode functional genes