Study of this chapter will enable you to:
- Recognize interrelationships between electrical engineering and other
fields of science and engineering.
- List the major subfields of electrical engineering.
- List several important reasons for studying electrical engineering.
- Define current, voltage, and power, including their units.
- Calculate power and energy and determine whether energy is supplied or
absorbed by a circuit element.
- State and apply Kirchhoff’s current and voltage laws.
- Recognize series and parallel connections.
- Identify and describe the characteristics of voltage and current
- State and apply Ohm’s law.
- Solve for currents, voltages, and powers in simple circuits.