After studying the material of this chapter, you should be able to:
1. Define linear momentum and write the mathematical formula for linear momentum from memory.
2. Distinguish between the unit of force and momentum.
3. Write Newton's Second Law of Motion in terms of momentum.
4. Define impulse and write the equation that connects impulse and momentum.
5. State the Law of Conservation of Momentum and write, in vector form, the law for a system involving two or more point masses.
6. Distinguish between a perfectly elastic collision and a completely inelastic collision.
7. Apply the laws of conservation of momentum and energy to problems involving collisions between two point masses.
8. Define center of mass and center of gravity and distinguish between the two concepts.