This Companion Website (CW) has been created to supplement study and teaching
from the classic, best-selling textbook Modern Control Systems,
10/e by Richard C. Dorf and Robert H. Bishop.
The CW contains resources for both students and instructors.
These resources include:
- A virtual online Study Guide for students, with a wide variety of extra
problems and practice exams (with solutions) developed to mirror the contents
of the book, and help students develop effective problem-solving strategies.
This online study guide is interactive, and provides immediate feedback to
students. Problems include:
- Matching: Intended to help students master new terminology
introduced in the book
- True/False: Intended to ask students to think conceptually
about the material presented
- Multiple/Choice: Intended to provide students with
extra practice on a wide array of problems.
- MATLAB and Simulink m-files for all examples in the text.
Students can download these in multiple formats and use them to aid their
use of MATLAB and Simulink.
- Every Figure (over 800 of them) from the book available
in downloadable PDF format for use as lecture transparencies.
- Downloadable design formulas in pdf format
- Downloadable appendices in pdf format:
- Appendix C Symbols, Units, and Conversion Factors
- Appendix D Laplace Transform Pairs
- Appendix E An Introduction to Matrix Algebra
- Appendix F Decibel Conversion
- Appendix G Complex Numbers
- Appendix H z-Transform Pairs
- More resources will be added to the website on an ongoing
basis, making this a dynamic site to enhance learning. Check in often!