Glacial and Periglacial Processes and...
After reading Chapter 17, you should be able to:
- Differentiate between alpine and continental glaciers, and describe their principal features.
- Describe the process of glacial ice formation, and portray the mechanics of glacial movement.
- Describe characteristic erosional and depositional landforms created by alpine glaciation and continental glaciation.
- Analyze the spatial distribution of periglacial processes, and describe several unique landforms and topographic features related to permafrost and frozen ground phenomena.
- Explain the Pleistocene ice age epoch and related glacials and interglacials, and describe some of the methods used to study paleoclimatology.