Normal and Active Galaxies: Building...
- Describe the basic properties of the main types of normal galaxies.
- Discuss the distance-measurement techniques that enable astronomers to map the universe beyond the Milky Way.
- Describe how galaxies are observed to clump into clusters and superclusters.
- Specify the basic differences between active and normal galaxies.
- Describe the important features of active galaxies.
- Explain what drives the central engine thought to power all active galaxies.
- Explain how normal and active galaxies may be related.