The Jovian Planets: Giants of the Solar...
- Explain how both chance and calculation played major roles in the discovery of Uranus and Neptune.
- Describe the similarities and the differences among the four jovian worlds.
- Discuss some of the processes responsible for the properties of the jovian atmospheres.
- Describe how the internal structure and composition of the jovian planets are inferred from external measurements.
- Explain why three of the four jovian worlds radiate more energy into space than they receive from the Sun.