Earth and Its Moon: Our Cosmic Backyard
- Summarize and compare the basic properties of Earth and the Moon.
- Describe the consequences of gravitational interactions between Earth and the Moon.
- Discuss how Earths atmosphere helps heat us as well as protect us.
- Outline our current model of Earths interior structure and describe some experimental techniques used to establish this model.
- Summarize the evidence for continental drift and discuss the physical processes that drive it.
- Explain how dynamic events early in the Moons history formed its major surface features.
- Describe the nature and origin of Earths magnetosphere.
- Discuss the formation and evolution of Earth and the Moon.