Scanning the Radio
At the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Distinguish the difference between listening and hearing.
- Explain the listening process of receiving, focusing, interpreting, and responding.
- Define effective listening.
- Recognize and eliminate the roadblocks to effective listening.
- Identify active and passive listening characteristics.
- Use the four-step process for "Getting Others to Listen to Me."
- Understand and use the Roadways to Effective Listening.
- Understand the fundamentals of written communication.
- Appreciate diversity.