Live: A Plan for Wellness, Stress Reduction, and Personal Responsibility
Strategies for Building on Your Best
Consider the following strategies for healthy eating:
- Enjoy 2–4 servings of fruit, 3–5 servings of vegetables, and 3 servings of whole grains daily.
- Eat moderate portions such as 3 ounces of meat and a half cup of pasta or cereal.
- Balance your food choices so that you don't become tired of certain items.
- Try baking or broiling many food items instead of frying them. Such items include french fries, fish, and hamburger patties.
- Eat regularly. Many physicians suggest that you should have five moderate meals per day: Breakfast, midmorning snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, and dinner.
- Plan to have healthy snacks. Instead of candy, try raisins. Instead of cookies or ice cream, try granola or yogurt.
- ALWAYS consult a physician before drastically changing your eating habits.