Record: Note-Taking Systems that Work
Strategies for Building on Your Best
Consider the following strategies for note taking:
- Always date your notes and use a meaningful heading.
- Keep notes from each class separate by using dividers or separate notebooks.
- Use 8 1/2 × 11 inch paper with a 3-hole punch.
- Copy any information that is written on the board; used on an overhead; or presented in PowerPoint, charts, or graphs.
- Organize and review your notes the same day you take them.
- Do not doodle while taking notes.
- Attach (or store) related handouts to appropriate notes.