The Female Reproductive System
On completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Briefly describe the female reproductive system.
- Describe the primary functions of the various organs or structures of the female reproductive system.
- Identify and give the meaning of the primary word elements for this chapter.
- Analyze, build, spell, and pronounce selected medical words.
- Describe selected diseases/disorders of the female reproductive system.
- Define selected terms that describe a malpositioned uterus.
- Explain why mammography and breat self-exam are valuable detection and screening methods for breast cancer.
- List eight possible signs and symptoms of breast cancer.
- List seven risk factors for breast cancer in order of their importance.
- Describe selected drugs that are used for the female reproductive system diseases or disorders.
- Define selected abbreviations that pertain to the female reproductive system.
- Define stem cells.
- Describe embryonic stem cells and state from where they may be obtained.
- Describe adult stem cells and state where they are found in the body.
- Describe a stem-cell line.
- List several medical uses for stem cells.
- Complete the Case Study on Pap Smear Routine Annual with Gyn Exam and Mammogram Routine Exam.
- Successfully complete the review section.