Blood, Lymph, and the Immune System
On completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Briefly describe blood, lymph, and the immune system.
- Describe the primary functions of the various organs or structures of the blood and lymphatic system.
- Identify and give the meaning of the primary word elements for this chapter.
- Analyze, build, spell, and pronounce selected medical words.
- Describe selected diseases/disorders of the blood, lymph, and immune system.
- Identify the various types of blood cells and give their function.
- Name the four recognized blood types.
- Describe immunity and immunization.
- Briefly describe acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- Briefly describe hepatitis B.
- Describe selected drugs that are used for the blood, lymph, and the immune system diseases or disorders.
- Define selected abbreviations that pertain to the blood, lymph, and the immune system.
- State the basis of recommendations for immunization of infants, children, and adults.
- Name the committee and two academies that provide recommended immunization schedules.
- State how to reduce the unnecessary occurrence of vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Complete the Case Study on AIDS.
- Successfully complete the review section.