The Endocrine System
On completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Briefly describe the endocrine system.
- Describe the primary functions of the various glands of the endocrine system.
- Give the hormones and hormonal functions of the various endocrine glands.
- Identify and give the meaning of the primary word elements for this chapter.
- Analyze, build, spell, and pronounce selected medical words.
- Describe selected diseases/disorders of the endocrine system.
- List the warning signs and symptoms of diabetes mellitus.
- List six functions of epinephrine (Adrenalin, adrenaline).
- Describe selected drugs that are used for endocrine system diseases or disorders.
- Define selected abbreviations that pertain to the endocrine system.
- Give the cause, signs and symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of Addison's disease.
- Complete the Case Study on Diabetes Mellitus Type I IDDM.
- Successfully complete the review section.