- Students often complain that mathematics instruction is boring. Develop a set of at least five games that you could use with middle/junior high school age students. Focus on games that provide practice on basic skills without repetitive, boring drill.
- Teaching one-to-one correspondence is a critical basic skill in mathematics. What are some inexpensive, readily available manipulatives (things that you do not have to buy) that you could use to provide students with practice of one-to-one correspondence?
- Research the current standards on mathematics instruction by organizations such as the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) and the National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM).
- Design a curriculum-based measurement procedure and assessment criteria for elementary students who are learning to add and subtract single-digit numbers.
- Compose a list of Comprehensive Math Programs to be used as a reference for teaching mathematics to students with disabilities.