Read the following list of skills necessary to complete level P1 of the Best in the Country Reading Series, adopted by all school systems in the world. Answer the questions that follow the list.
Answer the Following
Associates pictures with story content.
- Follows sequence of story by turning pages at appropriate times.
- Associates the following letters with their sounds: b, d, c, g, h, j, k, l, m, n, p, q, r, s, t.
- Matches letters (from above) to pictures of objects that begin with the same sounds.
- Can correctly sequence the following stories:
- “A School Day”: Mary gets on the bus, goes to school. George brings a rabbit to class; the rabbit gets out of the cage. Mary helps George catch the rabbit.
- “The Field Trip”: Robert invites the class to visit his farm. Derek, Madison, Leigh, and Tyler go on the trip. The animals are (a) a chicken, (b) a goat, (c) a cow, and (d) a horse. The goat follows the class; the goat tries to eat Robert’s shirt.
- Names all characters in preceding stories.
- Can summarize stories and answer short comprehension questions.
This activity contains 3 questions.