A patient was admitted to the hospital with a diagnosis of type II diabetes Mellitus, congestive heart failure, hypertension, and a urinary tract infection.
Her vital signs are as follows: BP, 168/102; P, 92; R, 30; T, 101F.
The patient responded well to her treatment and was discharged with the following orders:
- Visiting nurse qd x 3 with follow-up
- NPH insulin 44 units ac breakfast daily sc
- Blood glucose levels q6h
- Diabenese 0.2 g bid po
- Doxazosin 0.004 g qd hs po
- Lasix 60 mg po qd
- K-Lor 30 mEq po qd
- Vistaril 20 mg po IM hs qd prn
- Antivert 0.025 g po q4h prn for nausea
- Zoloft 0.1 g qd po