After completing this chapter, you will be able to:
- Identify the parts of a medication order.
- Describe the information listed on a physician's order sheet and a medication administration record.
- Identify the routes of drug administration.
- Describe the forms in which medication is supplied.
- Interpret information found on medication labels and package inserts.
- Explain the five rights concerning medication administration.
- Identify the trade name and the generic name of a drug.
- Explain the legal implications involved in the administration of drugs.