Welcome to the online study guide, designed to accompany Medical Dosage Calculations, 8e by June Looby Olsen, Anthony Patrick Giangrasso, and Dolores M. Shrimpton. To further enrich learning and teaching, this interactive study guide features Chapter Objectives, Matching questions, Drills, , Know Your Labels, Case Studies, a Link to the NY Times, and WebLinks, which will help you apply the concepts presented in this new exciting text.
At the completion of each quiz section you may submit your answers to receive an instant score of your results. Moreover, instructors may assign these quizzes and exercises as homework, and ask you to route your answers to them using the Email Results function.
This site also features a Syllabus Manager that enables instructors to create and maintain a class syllabus online while also allowing you access to the syllabus at any time from any computer on the Internet.
To unleash the power of this website, simply click on the 'Select a Chapter' box and drag your mouse to the desired chapter or click any of the chapters listed below.
Prentice Hall Health would like to wish all students great success in this course and in their careers.
1. Review of Arithmetic for Medical Dosage Calculations
2. Drug Administration
3. Dimensional Analysis
4. Apothecary, Household and Metric Systems
5. Converting from One System of Measurement to Another
6. Calculating Oral Medications
8. Preparation of Solutions
9. Parenteral Medications
10. Calculating Flow Rates for Enteral and Intravenous Solutions
11. Calculating Flow Rates for Intravenous Medications and Duration of Flow
12. Calculating Pediatric Dosages