Reading this chapter, completing the exercises, and reflecting on your critical- and creative-thinking abilities will result in your:
- Defining critical thinking.
- Describing the characteristics of critical thinking.
- Discussing the value of critical thinking.
- Defining emotional restraint.
- Analyzing problems, ideas and information.
- Solving problems.
- Differentiating fact from opinion.
- Recognizing fallacious persuasive terminology.
- Identifying faulty tactics in persuasion and argumentation.
- Identifying ways to increase your creative thinking abilities.