Instructing Critical Readers in Small Groups Independently and With Families
Interview two or three middle level teachers and ask them questions about grading such as the following:
- How do you determine reading (or language arts) grades for your students?
- Do you grade homework? If so, what kinds of assignments do you give?
- How do you grade class participation?
- What percentage of a grade is made up of tests on stories and novels?
- Do you grade effort?
- Do you take into account a students' ability when you assign a grade?
- What's the most difficult part of grading reading (or language arts)?