Instructing Early Readers in Whole Groups
Essential Learning Questions
- Why is reading aloud so important for Early Readers?
- What is writing aloud and how does it help Early Readers?
- What are some of the benefits of using shared reading in your primary classroom?
- How can kidwatching assist ongoing assessment of students and focus your instruction within your students zone of proximal development?
- Why do Early Readers need instruction in comprehension?
- How can you create a learning environment that will further your literacy goals and student learning?