Instructing Early Readers in Whole Groups
- Incorporating Reading and Writing Aloud
- How Do I Conduct a Read Aloud?
What Kinds of Books Should I Choose for a Read Aloud?
Assessment Idea: Noticing Childrens Awareness of the Cueing Systems
What Is Writing Aloud and Why Do Teachers Use It?
- Using Shared Texts
- How Vygotskys Theories Support Shared Reading
Procedures for Conducting Shared Reading
Diversity Idea: Accommodating All Children During Shared Reading
- Designing Interactive Comprehension Activities
- Prior Knowledge
Knowledge of Genre and Story Structure
Helping Children Monitor Understanding
- Organizing the Classroom for Early Readers
- Your Daily Literacy Schedule
Arranging the Physical Space
- Connections: Whats Next?