Developing a Theory of Literacy Learning
Essential Learning Questions
- How do your own early experiences with reading affect your current beliefs about literacy learning?
- How can identifying your personal culture help you to better understand and value
the various cultures represented in your classroom as well as guide your instruction?
- What are the basic differences between behaviorist and social constructivist
- How does the developmental level of your students influence which literacy learning theories you will employ most frequently in your classroom instruction?
- Why is it important for you to develop your own evolving theory of literacy learning? Why is it considered evolving?