NFPA® Job Performance Requirements (JPR): 5.3.15, 6.5.3
- Describe dry-barrel and wet-barrel hydrants.
- Discuss fire hydrant marking and location.
- Summarize potential problems to look for when inspecting fire hydrants.
- Explain the process of fire hydrant testing.
- Discuss alternative water supplies.
- Discuss rural water supply operations.
- Operate a hydrant. (Skill Sheet 12-I-1)
- Make soft-sleeve and hard suction hydrant connections. (Skill Sheet 12-I-2)
- Connect and place a hard suction hose for drafting from a static water source. (Skill Sheet 12-I-3)
- Deploy a portable water tank. (Skill Sheet 12-I-4)
- List sources of water supply.
- Describe the three methods of moving water in a system.
- Discuss water treatment facilities.
- Explain the operation of water storage and distribution systems.
- Distinguish among the pressure measurements relevant to water supply.
- Use a pitot tube. (Skill Sheet 12-II-1)