NFPA® Job Performance Requirements (JPR): 22.214.171.124
- Describe the history and culture of the fire service.
- Describe the mission of the fire service.
- Define fire department organizational principles.
- Distinguish among functions of fire companies.
- Summarize primary knowledge and skills the firefighter must have to function effectively.
- Distinguish among the primary roles of fire service personnel.
- Distinguish among policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Summarize components of the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Distinguish among the functions of the major subdivisions within the ICS structure.
- Define ICS terms.
- Discuss fire service interaction with other organizations.