After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Identify specific ways that computer technology may be used to support and enhance education.
- List benefits associated with Virtual Learning Environments (VLE), distance learning, and Web-based instruction (WBI).
- Compare and contrast e-learning with other educational uses of computers.
- Provide examples of how computer technology may support education in each of the following settings: Formal nursing programs, continuing education, and client or consumer education.
- Compare and contrast various Web 2.0 applications and describe their use in education, social networking, professional collaborations and patient care.
- Explain to a colleague the various mobile learning technologies and demonstrate the ability to find information regarding the development of these tools for educational purposes.