- Selecting a new CIS...Why write your Clinical Information System (CIS) RFP from scratch?
This company provides an online consultant to help create an RFP for a new CIS and automatically evaluate vendors' responses. It also provides some sample requirements as well as a downloadable demo.
- Health Level 7 Organization
This is the home page of the HL7. The site provides information about the organization.
- Directory of health care computer vendors
Provides detailed descriptions, contact information and links to vendor websites.
- How to perform Software Vendor Checks
Tips for help getting the most useful and candid information from vendor references.
- Data Mining-Driven ROI: Health Care Cost Management
This article by Gerver and Barrett discusses the use of technology-enabled data mining as a means to manage healthcare costs and realize a 5-10 per cent savings annually.
- Healthcare IT spending should boost ROI, lower DOA
Krazit reports that while return on investment is a goal for implementing health information technology, improved treatment and enhanced safety are ultimately the most important uses of technology.
- ROI of EMRs not worth the cost ?
This posting in the RHIOs, Health Information Exchange & Healthcare IT blog notes that an initiative that required physicians to purchase electronic medical record systems has deemed that the ROI was not worth the investment so that EMR purchase is no longer required for participation in the pay-for-performance program.
- Enjoy Maximum ROI
This article discusses ways to ensure a successful implementation of electronic medical record in a physician office setting.
- ROI does not drive EMR adoption
This Healthcare IT News article by Richard Pizzi notes that while ROI was not the initial cause for EMR implementation many organizations realize ROI post implementation.
- Rapid Implementation of an Electronic Health Record in an Academic Setting
This article by Stephen L. Badger, Ryan G. Bosch, MD, FACP, and Praveen Toteja talks about the deployment of an electronic medical record system in less than 30 days and its financial impact upon the organization.
- EMR Cost-Benefit Analysis: Managing ROI into Reality
This presentation by Michael H. Zaroukian Êaddresses the tangible and intangible benefits realized by Michigan State University by aligning information technology with strategic planning.
- The Value Of Electronic Health Records In Solo Or Small Group Practices
This article by Robert H. Miller, Christopher West, Tiffany Martin Brown, Ida Sim, and Chris Ganchoff addresses savings accrued with the implementation of electronic health records in primary care physician practice.