Upon completion of this chapter you will be able to:
Recognize the combining forms and suffixes introduced in this chapter.
- Gain the ability to pronounce medical terms and major anatomical structures.
- List the major glands of the endocrine system.
- List the major hormones secreted by each endocrine gland and discuss their functions.
- Build endocrine system medical terms from word parts.
- Define vocabulary, pathology, diagnostic, and therapeutic medical terms relating to the endocrine system.
- Recognize types of medications associated with the endocrine system.
- Interpret abbreviations associated with the endocrine system.