This website covers both math and scientific learning. Topics and further links include:
- How can I conquer my math anxiety?
- How can I improve my math study skills?
- How can I succeed on math tests?
- How can I improve my biology studying skills?
- How can I improve my biology reading skills?
- How can I overcome test anxiety?
- What are the best physics studying skills?
- What are the most effective chemistry studying skills?
This home page opens with a large grid that identifies links to such topics as:
- Scientific Method
- Studying Science
- Studying Chemistry, Physics, Biology
- Problem Solving
- Reading Science
This site from Saint Louis University takes an extensive look at quantitative learning. This easy-to-use site contains an outline of available information:
- Math study skills
- Active vs. passive study
- Studying for math is different than other subjects
- College math different from high school math
- Study Time
- Problem solving
- Problem solving (homework and tests)
- Tips on problem solving
- "Word" problems are really "applied" problems
- Solving an applied problem
- Studying for a math test
- Every study is a part of test preparation
- Studying for a test
- Taking a math test
- Test-taking strategy matters
- Taking a test
- Getting Assistance
- Asking questions
- You control the help you get
This website, by Paul Lamar, provides free and downloadable notes and tutorials for classes at Lamar University. The notes/tutorials were developed for use by anyone wanting to learn the subject, but assume certain basic math knowledge. A motivation section is included for the student to read concerning math progress.
- General tips
- Taking notes
- Getting help
- Doing homework
- Problem solving
- Studying for an exam
- Taking an exam
- Learning from your errors
A quick one page review of key topics by two college instructors:
- Before, during, and after class
- Preparing for and taking tests
This website, "Biology Reading Skills," contains 17 tips about how to successfully read a biology textbook.
This is a specific homepage from Muskingum College in Ohio that takes you to four topics regarding their biology courses. Tips found here may be helpful to all, especially those on preparing for and doing laboratory work.
- Note taking, methods of review, time management, and reading strategies
- Information organization and memory strategies
- Lab strategies—Good strategies with a grid that shows student how to allocate and plan time for study
- Test preparation and test taking
This is a one-page link with colorful graphics from Georgetown University. General science study tips are given for these topics:
- How much time should you be spending studying?
- When should you study?
- Studying is an active not a passive process
- Take good notes in class
- Copy/study your notes later
- Tips on overcoming test anxiety